Moon Glow Radio is an online completely DIY,
community supported radio station!
Become a Moon Glow Radio Volunteer
Moon Glow is completely DIY and a complete community labor of love. Moon Glow looks to highlight and uplift Black, Indigenous, POC and marginalized voices. In creating Moon Glow Radio, we are looking for a space to celebrate the beautiful works of different artists through "traditional" and non-traditional radio shows. We can’t do that without your help! We’re looking for folks who love music and whole heartedly want to help amplify the works of underrepresented artists and musicians.
*** All volunteer positions are unpaid ***
Who we’re looking for:
Kind, caring, reliable, and respectful folks looking to join our Moon Glow Community
Folks who are able to make a commitment of at least 3 months of volunteer work (at least 3-4 hours per week)
- Music lovers who stand by our mission & are looking to support current projects to help make sure Moon Glow Radio reaches, uplifts, and represents different members within our community
Open Volunteer Positions
- Social Media Assistant: Helps to create and produce content for our social media accounts
DJ Assistant: Helps highlight DJ’s show, posting tracklists, info about the songs, and more.
- Music Library Volunteer: Archive submitted music, collect data on songs being played.
- Volunteer Music Writer: Creating blog posts, music reviews, interviews, and other content to be shared on MoonGlowRadio.net
- Website Management: Assisting with up keep of the webpage. (Possible coding experience a plus!)
- Volunteer Coordinator Assistant: Alongside Volunteer Coordinator, assist with onboarding of new DJs, making sure information is up to date, reaching out to DJs regarding show submissions, and more.
If any of this catches your eye, please fill out a Volunteer application!
More volunteer positions will open up overtime, espeically once get to safely venture into the outside world! If you don’t currently see a position you’re interested in, and would like to join our community, please send us an email to info (at) moonglowpresents (dot) com.
Become a Moon Glow DJ Volunteer
Our main goal as a radio community is to make sure we are highlighting BIPOC and marginalized artists as lots of shows, stations, and the music scene in general are flooded with white artists. All shows are prerecorded at the moment and we are only accepting original programming - please do not apply if you want to duplicate an already existing show.
What we are looking for:
- An idea for your show! What kind of music do you plan on playing? What does your format look like?
- Shows don’t have to be strictly music! We are open to podcasts, journalism, talk radio, and all different kinds of ideas.
- Availability! Please take a look at the current openings we have for shows. Most shows range from 1 - 2 hours.
- Fridays: 10am - 12pm pst| 1pm - 3pm est, 4pm -5pm pst| 7pm - 8pm est
- Saturdays: Between 10am - 2pm pst| 1pm - 5pm est, 11pm - 12am pst| 2am - 3am est
- Sundays: 11am - 12pm pst | 2pm - 3pm est, between 4pm -6pm pst | 7pm - 9pm est
If this sounds like something you’d like to be apart of, please fill out a Volunteer DJ application!
Most of all, thank you for your interest & support of Moon Glow Radio. Moon Glow Radio is completely community driven & runs on the love & support of our volunteers. We couldn’t do this without you!